4d1e9fbdff6de0ca4430b91d47c9996f

Learning the English language (and learning other things for that matter) can be like trying to swallow a whole pineapple. It would be impossible to do unless we had an elephant’s mouth. But, we all know our mouths do not open up that wide.

During the summer, my family and I love to eat pineapples. I am usually the one to slice the pineapple into smaller pieces. It is much easier to eat the pineapple that way because the pieces are more manageable to chew in smaller chunks. Sometimes I do cut them a bit too big and someone complains but I try my best to cut them small.

Similarly, we can approach learning English, technology, and other subjects in the same manner. For example, everything I know about technology today took me many years to learn. I did not learn technology in one year.  I have been working with technology in school for at least 8 years yet I still do not know everything about technology or even the English language. I am still learning education topics as I go. It was frustrating to learn technology in the beginning because, in my mind, I thought I could learn all of it quickly. Unfortunately, it does not work that way. We have to start with small steps and then proceed with additional strides. We were all beginners at one time even as babies making funny voice sounds. 

One thought on “Learning to Dice the English Pineapple”